mandag 14. februar 2011

What comes first?

I am falling behind in my studies. There seems to be no time for school inbetween rehab and training. That is a problem, because I want to finish my degree and get a job. I could probarbly get a job now aswell, but I want a good job. A job where I can help people. In rehab would be perfect, but that is not plausible in todays situation. I want to be independent, but then I have to finish this degree, atleast. I have to figure out if independence for myself now is more important than having a meaningfull job in the future. afterall there are ways to help others without working in rehab. Hmmmm.

Training is going fine and seems to be the reason that my rehab is going pretty well. Training and feeling good goes hand in hand these days. Strength today and this is how I am going to do it for now. 2 sets of 12 repetitions, and every new musclegroup gets a warm up set of 20 reps. (e.i.: Squats 1x20 w/the bar, then 2x12 with 40 kg). I do squats, dead lifts, calf raises, benchpress, lat pulldown, shoulder press, biceps curls and close grip benchpress for triceps. That's it nice and easy. When I do 12 reps in both sets, with perfect form, I will add weight. When I reach total standstill in all exercises, I will start doing less reps (i.e.: 2x8). I think, but I'll have to see what happens first.

I did a test to find my lactate treshold today. On a bike I did 10 min at 75% of max HR, and then 20 minutes all out. The average puls for the last 20 minutes is supposed to be my lactate limit. My average was 84%. I think that is a high number, but I will base my training on that number for now. This means (I hope!) that most of my long distance training should be done in the sub 75% sone (= zone 1), no training in zone 2 ( between 75% and 84%), my intervalls should be between 85% and 92% (zone 3), and zone 4 is 93% to 100% and is also a zone I should not train in. Listen up! If anybody reads this and knows better, please tell me as soon as possible. To me it looks ok, but what do I know?

Bye for now.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar